Sunday, October 10, 2010

memories

The kids standing on top of this huge mound of dirt


Ryan picked this pumpkin just for me. Love that boy!





Daddy carrying the pumpkins the kids picked. Love that man!




Posing with our pumpkins




All of us on a hayride around the fruit farm






My sister and I. Love her!



Sawyer is always looking at me like this.





And this is my favorite. I love how Hannah's hair is blowing in the wind. I love these kids!





Often when I am sitting next door with grandm she tells me how her kids' (Brad's mom and uncle) father never did anything with them. She appreciates the fact that Brad and I try so hard to spend quality time with our family and do so much together. Recently she said we are so different from most familes. Well, this weekend was no different. We did my favorite tradition. I don't know why I love going to Cols so pick apples and pumpkins so much. I think it is just a combination of many things. I get tons of great pics, we get off our rears and get outside, we spend the day with my sister and her wonderful family, and we make sooo many memories. I want my kids to know that we care about them enough to do things with them, make time for them. I know they won't truely appreciate any of the things we do until they are much older and have kids of their own. But one day, even if Brad and I have already gone home, I want them to look back at these years and be so thankful for what they had and more importantly, if the Lord hasn't come back by then, I want them to do the same things with their kids and families. So I guess I should say thanks mom and dad for everything!! Love you guys!
As you can tell by my pics, we had a great time this weekend! We got to stay at a hotel for $30 a night. It was really only worth about that much but that's another story! Jess and her fam stayed at the hotel Fri night also and everyone went swimming. I held the baby. =) We called it an early night. Saturday was spent at the fruit farm. We had plans to go to the zoo after we went to the fruit farm but we just never got that far! By the time we ate lunch/supper at 3 there just wasn't much time for anything else. So we went back to the hotel and Brad took the kids swimming while I napped, or tried to. Did I already say I love that man?! We kept Michael with us that night. After that we went back out and walked a few blocks up, we were staying downtown, to see if the Dunkin Donuts was open to buy breakfast for the next morning. Turns out they weren't so we walked back to the truck and went out to buy donuts and find a DQ. By the time we got back it was bedtime for the kids, and me, and Brad and Michael went down to the fitness room and then went swimming. They weren't ready for bed by 9! This morning we got up and went to church with Jess and then had lunch and hung out at her house for awhile and then came home!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Liz! We love you, too! You brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad we took the time to do things with you kids when you were growing up! I'm glad those are the kinds of memories that have made you decide it is important enough to do the same for your kids! Makes us proud! And, obviously, money wasn't everything.....and it's a good thing since we didn't have much! I think the best things we did, that even we loved doing, was taking you to the parks to play, feed the ducks, paddle boat rides sometimes, and picnics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome. I totally love the traditions I've made with my kids too. My parents didn't do things like that and I don't think Tim's really did either. I had never been to the fair until I met Tim!!! We went on vacations, but nothing like day to day fun things. I was thinking this morning when I was trying to figure out when to go get our pumpkins, that I don't even remember my mom ever buying pumpkins and I sure never drew on one or carved it! I hope my kids remember all these things too. Your an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete