Tuesday, October 12, 2010

my thought for the day

I spend a lot of time thinking about this baby, obviously. I don't know any expecting mother who doesn't think about the baby and wonder the person it will become. Since I don't want to know what I'm having, I've been focusing on the fact that God will give us the exact child that is perfect for us. You've heard the saying that you are the exact mother your child needs. I think it goes both ways! That has really helped my decision of not finding out a lot easier. I don't need to know. I've got no control over it anyway. Sure, it would be easier to plan for and buy for. God is going to give me who he wants us to have. So anyway, I've been wondering lots of things about baby like will it look like Hannah or Ryan...Maybe it won't look like either...Of course, does God think we need another boy or another girl...what is it's personality going to be...Who will this child become one day...There are so many different things going thru my head.

I'm just so glad that I am not the one in charge of all those decisions. I'm so glad that God already had it figured out before the beginning of the world. Every day I'm amazed that our Creator could think of such an amazing way for us to come into the world. Why don't we come from eggs? Why doesn't a stork bring us to our parents? Why aren't we born as adults? I'll never know but I do know I love that God has it all figured out and all I have to do is his will.

And another thought that just came to mind: The purpose of everything, every single thing, in the world is to glorify God. So the child you birthed 1 yr ago, 5 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago or whenever, that you love so much, was created the way he or she is for God's glory. He didn't make her beautiful or smart so she'd have an easy life or have lots of boyfriends. It was for his glory. He didn't make him mishievious just to drive you crazy for the first 4 years (hopefully only 4) of his life. It was for God's glory.

Thank you God for knowing exactly what I need in my life. I hope I can find the different reasons why I need each of my children and appreciate it every day!

6 comments:

  1. That was such a beautiful post!
    (By the way, I think you're going to crack and find out if it's a boy or girl.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not crack, I will not crack, I will not crack! If brad makes it to that appt he is going to find out and tell everyone else who wants to know. I already told him if someone slips and I find out I'll be angry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Okay, I want to be on the list of people Brad tells. That way I can buy tons of clothes and things and not give them to you until the baby is born. I promise I'll respect your wishes and not tell you. :-)
    By the way, have you started thinking about names yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think about names a lot. I pick one that I love and then after saying it for a week, I don't like it anymore!! So far the only boys name that I still kinda like is Zachary Lane. Girls names....I have no idea now. I did like Neveah, Adalyn, and Sarah but now I don't know. I really want Joy in there b/c it is short for Brad and I's g-pa's (Joseph and Troy) but I don't know if that will happen either! I wish they would come with a name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you whole-heartedly that our children are just exactly the ones that God wants for us. My kids all helped me grow as an individual and in my relationship to the Lord. I only hope I was able to help them do the same.

    You are so correct! Everyone is created to bring glory to God. Isn't it wonderful to know why we're here?! And isn't it amazing how happy we are when we're fulfilling our purpose?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is amazing how happy we become when we realize WHY we are here!

    Beautiful post, Liz! I know for a fact that you have grown more spiritually since dad and I are not around! So glad we could lead you as long as we did, though! :)

    I did laugh when I read your part about hoping God only intends 4 years of mischief for you from Ryan...........ummmm......he's a boy, right? So, don't count on it! :)

    ReplyDelete