Monday, October 4, 2010

What is the world coming to?

I just put the kids in bed and Hannah came out to me and said, "there are two little kids on the trampoline. I mean little." I went out there to tell them they can't jump on the trampoline if we aren't out there. There was only one girl on then but she jumped off immediately when she saw me and took off to the house behind us. Meaning she already knew she shouldn't be on it. We've had to get on them before. Her two sisters, one older and one younger, came around the corner. They live down the street. The oldest one is in kindergarten and the youngest one is maybe two, probably not that old because last summer she wasn't walking yet. The oldest one was the only one dressed in clothes warm enough to be outside and even on a day like today, especially at 7 when the sun is down and temps are dropping, she should have had a coat on. The two younger girls were wearing only t-shirts. The baby didn't have undies or a diaper on. She was practically naked, no shoes or anything. These are the girls I have been giving Hannah's old clothes to since Kara outgrew Hannah. I just feel so bad for them. How can a parent just let their kids run around like that. I've seen the cops down there by their house more than once. Sad, sad situation.

5 comments:

  1. That is SOOOO sad. What do you think happens to little girls who are mostly naked - especially from the waist down? Baaaaad, baaad things. :-( :-( :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very sad, and I have the same thing going on at my house too!! The one that runs around naked, pooped in my neighbors yard the other day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz,
    Not only is this sad.......but you need to be VERY......no, EXTREMELY careful! Sounds like these parents would be just the type to file a law suit if one of the kids gets hurt on the trampoline! I would be finding out what you can do about it, whether posting a NO TRESPASSING sign would be enough to warrant not getting sued, I don't know! But, you really need to get this situation nipped in the bud before something serious happens!

    Obviously the parents could care less, but, you let something happen to one of them and all of a sudden they will be the most caring parents and you will be the bad guy!

    I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but I'm just saying................

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first reaction is to say I'm not doing anything about it. If there kid gets hurt on my property, it's not my fault and I will fight it to the end. But then when I think about it, I don't want to have to do that. But what does a no trespassing sign mean to a 2 yr old?! Nothing. The same kids ripped the net completely off the other day while we weren't around. They all scattered when I went out and yelled at them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The signs mean nothing. We were told if we posted a "No Trespassing" sing in our FENCED yard and a kid got back there, fell in our pool and drowned, we could still be sued!!!!! Ridiculous!!! But I agree with your mom Liz. Be careful. She is absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete