Monday, December 27, 2010

What's it gonna be?!

Today has been a day of ups and downs. The day started off great when Ryan didn't get up early and I woke up at 8:20. That is sleeping in at our house! Ryan had a dr appt that we had to leave for about an hour and 20 min later. So we rushed around, showering, eating and whatever pretty quickly. We had been getting snow off and on all day yesterday and I imagine thru the night so I wanted to give us plenty of time to get to the dr for Ryan's 4 yr check up.

Brad had been waiting on a call from work to see if he had to go in today. He was supposed to have this week off b/c he still has like 72 hrs of vaca to take before the year is iup or he looses it. Well, his boss needed him to work so they were going to be nice and let it roll over this time. Turns out he didn't have to go in, which became the second up for the day.

We got to the dr at 10:10, with 5 minutes to spare. An hour later, we were STILL sitting in the lobby and I noticed that people who came in later than us were being called back and we weren't. First down... So I went and asked the receptionist and she had just noticed we were still out there. She said there was something wrong with the computers so the girls in the back didn't know we were there. She said we'd be going back soon.

FINALLY, we got back there. It was still some time before the dr came in. The kids were getting restless and then both had to go the bathroom. I was just annoyed all the way around. But Ryan did great. He is 37lb and 42 1/2 in tall. He didn't do great on the eye test. He couldn't see the line that the nurse wanted him to read. She had to go up a line so I'll be making him an eye dr appt sometime. I hope he has his dad's eyes and not mine and he was just nervous today. I asked to have his inhaler refilled b/c we're getting low on "puffs" for the one he has now. I knew I'd need a new one before the winter is over so she called it in while we were there. He got 2 shots. He doesn't have to get anymore until he's like 11. Except the flu shot he gets every year. He was so brave. I feel more bad for him getting shots than I do for Hannah. She acts insane when it comes to shots. Last time she was screaming like crazy and rolling around on the floor and running from me!! So by the time we get her on the table and under control, I feel like I could give it to her myself! My poor Ryan just layed there so still. He gets so embarrassed when they pull his pants down. I hate the look on his face. He wants to fight but doesn't. He didn't cry or anything. It was 12:45 when we left. You do the math about how long we were there.....WAY. TOO. LONG. Second down for the day.

Daddy had texted me at some point to let me know he didn't have to go to work so we met him for lunch at Pizza Hut. Another up for the day.

We had planned on going to walmart together to get groceries but after the morning I had at the dr I said I didn't want to go. He said he'd go while we went home. Major UP!! I gave him a short list and we went our seperate ways.

I stopped by the pharmacy on the way home to get Ryan's inhaler. They said the insurance wouldn't approve it and wanted us to try something different. Even tho that's the same inhaler he's been on. I had forgot until then that we had trouble last year getting the inhaler too. Major DOWN!! By this time I was all done with everything. They said I should call the dr to see what to do next. Here we go again. So when we got home after 2 I put the kids down for a nap and called the dr. I had to leave a message with the nurse. Of course, she didnt call me back. I didn't even bother calling again. It's a good thing we didn't need that inhaler today, that's all I can say about it. Ughh. It makes me mad just to think about it all. I am so irritated with the system. I don't see why the ins has to put up such a fight about a $27 inhaler. We pay them enough every single month for them to pay for a measly inhaler once a year. DOWN, DOWN, DOWN.

We spent the rest of the afternoon, early evening lounging around and playing the Wii. UP! I love watching Ryan play it. He's good at the sword fighting and cycling. Hannah isn't that into it.

I made a later supper of shepherd's pie. Then we played a game of pick up sticks, which was one of my favorite childhood games. I was so excited when Hannah got it for christmas! Of course, I won. UP!! =) Then we played several games of UNO. Hannah didn't want to play anymore after the first game but Ryan played 3 more games of it with us! It was a lot of fun. UP!

Now we are watching the movie The Velveteen Rabbit. Then it will be shower time for the kids and off to bed so we can go to my sister's house in Cols tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I were gonna be with y'all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the delays at the dr. The same thing has happened to me before. Now if it's been 10 minutes I'm up there making sure they know I'm there and will be next.
    Kara never had an eye test. I sure hope Ryan doesn't have to start wearing glasses at age 4! I didn't need them until puberty, so I'm hoping it's the same for Kara. My eyes were horrendous and Michael's are getting worse and worse these days, so I'm sure she'll need them. I've already decided I'm going to let her get contacts as early as she wants them - I got glasses at 11 and contacts at 13 and I never lost one or tore one. I'm sure she'd be able to handle it too.
    And I'm surprised they still give shots in the leg?? They stop that here as soon as the kid is walking. They switch to the arm before they're one. Especially if it embarrasses him - could you ask for the arm?? Oh, wait, he won't need more till 11 - they'll definitely be doing arm by then!
    I hope you have a great time with your sister. I know it'll be a blast. Take pictures!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jess.
    I'm surprised Kara didn't have the eye test. Hannah had one at her 4 yr check up too. I thought they all had to before they went to school. Did she have the hearing test? I also had to take Hannah to the eye dr after she had the test at her dr. But she was more nervous about doing it than not being able to see the shapes. The dr told me they don't have 20/20 vision at this age but I'll take him anyway. That way they can check for any other eye problems back in his eye.
    The nurse told me they stop doing shots in the leg at 4. I would rather them be in the leg. It seems that since they are chubbier than the arm that it wouldn't hurt so bad. Don't know. He will still be getting the flu shot every year so he should start getting that in the arm now.
    And I didn't take one pic at Jess's house!

    ReplyDelete