Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year

I have so many things going thru my head right now. I just can't believe another year has come and gone already. The Lord has chosen to bless my family with so much. We are all so underserving of everything we have. I often wonder why he is so gracious to us. We continually fail him, yet he continues to love us and give us things we don't deserve. I am so thankful to serve such as amazing God. I hope this year I can pass on the same favors to others around me.

I can remember 10 yrs ago, all the hype about what's going to happen with the world in Y2K. I remember watching the fireworks with Brad. We were only dating then. I remember thinking that I can't imagine 10 yrs from then. What will life be like. And now it's happening. It's been a great 10 yrs. Now I'm thinking I can't imagine what it will be like 10 yrs from now. And before I know it, I'll be there, thinking I can remember 10 yrs ago sitting on the couch, typing this blog and thinking about this minute. Don't know if that makes sense to you but it does me!

I'm looking forward to so many things this year. Of course, the birth of my third child is pretty high on the list. I also want to think of birthdays this year in a posiitive light. I usually hate thinking that my kids are a year older or that myself or Brad are getting older. I want to view it differently this year. I should be thankful for the years that God has given us, not hating the fact that we are getting another year together.

I'm looking forward to living out the next chapter that God wrote in the Palmer book long, long ago.

3 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog! I don't always comment, but I read them a lot. You really make me think sometimes. And I totally know what you mean about the years passing!! I can't believe I have a child that can drive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get more "prouder" and more thankful for God giving you to me every day, miss lizzy! I know I've said it before, but I love the godly woman you have/are becom(ing)! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, ladies! I didn't think my post was that good! But thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete