Sunday, January 30, 2011

the things I do for food...

Tomorrow is my dreaded 1 hour glucose test and I can't eat for like 4 hours before my appt, which happens to be at 9:15am.

You might be wondering what the problem is. I can assure you it isn't the blood draws, I'd rather have my blood drawn than get a shot any day. It's not the nasty stuff I have to drink. It never bothered me before and I'm praying it is the same this time around, altho a lot has been different this pregnancy. It's not that I have a guaranteed 1 hour wait, it wouldn't be the first time and I have acsess to facebook. What bothers me is the fact that I either have to get up before 5 to eat my breakfast (I normally get up at about 6:45) or I just have to not eat til after my appt.

Last week I tested out my different options on how I could handle this upcoming appt. Brad doesn't see why I can't just not eat until after my appt. Even when I'm not pregnant, I can not go without breakfast. Not only does it ruin my whole day, but it also makes me feel quite sick. So, that didn't work for me. I gave in and ate by 8:30. Maybe I could handle that if I was going to be done by 9:15 but that is just the beginning of it all!

I stayed up later than normal to eat a midnight snack or a 10pm snack to see if the next morning I was still full from it. Nope, just as hungry as every other morning.

I thought about getting up at 5 to eat breakfast but I just didn't do it.

Normally when I eat breakfast, after we take Hannah to school at 7:35, I am hungry by 11. SOmetimes that changes depending on what I eat (cereal, toast, bagel, different drinks, banana in my cereal, waffles). I ate all those different things lsat week and nothing kept me full past 11. What can I say, I'm feeding two humans!

Brad thinks I'm crazy to put so much thought into a silly dr appt and I'm beginning to wonder that myself!! I have decided to get up at 5 to eat and I'll let you know tomorrow how everything goes!

It's 9pm and I have got to go to bed now!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get in and out really quick tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I don't mean to laugh at you, but I've SO been there. And I love how you tested out how you would handle breakfast. You sound like......ME! Lol! Careful, you may come over to the crazy side with me. It's fun over here - we stress a lot, but feel prepared for anything because we've thought of everything. :-)

    ReplyDelete