Wednesday, February 2, 2011

long day

Today has been a really, really, really long day. It started with a really long night. I was up and down several times for various reasons. I was way hot, had to go potty, was soooo hungry and just couldn't sleep, oh and I had to potty again.

I got up feeling sick to my stomach and listened to my intestines girgle for several hours. A couple trips to the bathroom and I was feeling better. Sorry if that is TMI!

Ryan was super attached today. He always is but today seemed really bad. It might just be because I wasn't feeling well and was super tired all day and didn't handle it as well. He refused to do anything but stand at my feet and ask if it was lunchtime. It started at 9. So we spent some time doing his new favorite thing-cutting and gluing. We made a birthday card for grandma, next door. He helped me with a load of laundry and then I sent him to his room to play with his toys. That's the only way I can get him to do anything alone. I really just needed like half an hour. Besides that, I think it's good for him to use his imagination and play alone. I don't feel like I always have to be right next to him playing with him.

We finally made it to lunchtime and then I let him watch a movie while I cleaned the kids' bathroom and sewed a button on a pair of Brad's work pants. Yes, you read that right. I did sew a button back on pants for Brad. That's all the sewing I know how to do. I can't remember what else I did and then I blew up a punch ball for Ryan and we played don't let it hit the ground until it was time to get Hannah from school. That's easy for me cuz I can sit on the couch and let him chase it around and hit it to me without me having to get up. Yes, I'm pretty lazy these pregnancy days. But I have noticed that my feet are not swollen like they were the last two pregnancies when I was working and on my feet all day. I'm really thankful that I've been able to stay home this time around and relax more. Working didn't seem to bother me while I was doing it the first two times but now I don't think I'd be able to do it!

Anyway, shortly after getting Hannah from school my stomach started hurting sooooo bad. Everywhere. Pain. I was miserable. I took a short nap in the recliner and still was not feeling well when it was time to make supper.

Now Brad and Hannah are at church. I kept Ryan because there is no class for his age so he either stays out in the service with us on Wed or I do a lesson of my own with him. Brad doesn't handle them staying out in church with him alone so I kept him here with me. I took some tums earlier and the pain is subsiding now so I'm getting ready to read some books to Ryan and be done for the day.

I was thinking last night that I should start reading a new book so I picked Abigail, by Lois T. Henderson, off the self. It's based on the life of Abigail in the Bible. I thought that was appropriate. Now lets just hope I can finish it! =)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like one of the books I used to have. Did I give it to you? Hope you are feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I'm sure you gave it to me. Or you might have given it to Jessica and she gave it to me.

    ReplyDelete