Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother

I've realized more than ever just how much I love and need to be a mother in the past month. On Wednesday that is how old Abigail will be. I can't believe it. I often think of something I read on one of my blogger-friend's posts: The days are long but years are short. That is soooo true and I hate the way that works!! Why can't the days, nights and years all be short? Anyway, when Abigail first came home from the hospital, I spent a lot of time sleeping, feeding the baby, and crying. I had the baby blues bad. Every time I was alone, all I wanted to do was cry. About anything. Since daddy was home the first week and my mom was here a week and a half after that, I didn't do many of my regular "mom" jobs. I didn't take Hannah to school every morning, I didn't even see her before she left. I didn't help her with homework. I didn't make Ryan his lunch every day. All the jobs that I just do, sometimes not even wanting to do them. I started missing those things. Now that I'm back to work, I'm trying to enjoy these jobs every day. I haven't figured out how to enjoy doing the laundry or dishes, but for the most part, I'm enjoying my new life as mom of three. It can be hard at times. Abigail and I are still trying to figure each other out. SOmetimes she likes to be up at night and I really like my sleep. Or she likes to start crying when it's time to fix supper. Either way, I make do. I try to work or play with Ryan while she's sleeping so that when she's awake and wanting to eat, I'm available. Also, I have to say how great Brad has been the past month. When I am all done with the crying baby, need a break, or have something I need to do, he willingly takes over. He has done more than his share of the housework. I'm completely convinced that he is the best husband ever!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like life is all about balance. Just when we find that balance, something changes (new baby, school starts, etc.) and it's time to find a new balance. You'll get it - God will help you. You're a great mom and an awesome woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had the blues! I'm so sorry! Glad you're starting to "find" your new life. And about the day to day taking care of people?....There are times I miss making lunch for someone. I feel accomplished if I've packed lunches, packed snacks, packed something! Or prepared someone for something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the blues with Jessica. I certainly did NOT like the feeling! I was certainly glad when they went away! So glad you are getting used to being a mommy of 3 now. You are a GREAT mom. Keep up the good work! I love you!

    ReplyDelete