Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Whole again

My house has been unusually quiet and boring for the past nine days. I've missed everything about Hannah while she was gone. But my heart, and our family, is whole again! And even tho she won't admit it, I know she missed it around here!

When we came into Charleston, where everything starts becoming familiar to her, I asked if she was glad to be home. She said yes, then after a pause she added that she missed all the trees!

Later, while swimming with Ryan, she told him with much excitement that they (aunt Jessica) have stairs! And she was allowed to run up and down them!

We gave her money to spend and she bought us all gifts. The plan was to wait until daddy got home so we could all open our gifts together but she just couldn't wait! Ryan LOVES his "water pistol" and I love my B&BW foaming soap. Daddy's chocolate is about gone and Abigail will enjoy her stuffed giraffe more when she's a bit bigger! =)

When she came in the house for the first time she said she was glad to be in her own home and sleep in her own room.

She was already missing Kara, too. If she had it her way, she said she would want to come home for a few days and then go back, then home for a few days and go back!

I can't say thanks enough to Michael, Jessica and Kara for everything. Not only did they entertain her with lots of fun things but I really feel like they treat her as one of their own children and it's nice to know that your child is safe so far away!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Liz! We do love her so much - as our own. I'm so grateful you share her with us every summer. Kara's life wouldn't be the same without her Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious post that brot more tears.........just in time for church! :D

    ReplyDelete