Monday, January 30, 2012

one of those weeks...

...or months, maybe. Do you ever just feel like you are in a big rut and miserably failing in every aspect of your life? I am having a month like that. It seems like my world is falling apart around me. Seems, is the key word here. I know I am not a failure, that God loves me and my world is, in fact, very stable. I guess I am just down in the dumps and for the first time I did what any Christian should do. I amped up the Bible time and prayer time around here. So far it seems things.are still on the downhill side but I am praising God in my trials bc I know I will be stronger bc of them.
Ok, Lord, ready to send me to the up side yet? The ruts are no fun!

4 comments:

  1. I spent my entire fall of 2011 like that, I know what you're going through. I know you know this, but God will bring you out of this and He will even show you all sorts of things He's been doing to help you grow and make your life better. You're an amazing woman, a great mom and wife, and you're thin and beautiful to boot! I pray God gets you out of your funk - God brought me out of mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess, you always know exactly what to say! I can't wait to be on the other side of this and say, "so that's what the rut was for!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, this is the only way I could get a comment in with Google being in the funk tonight, lol!

      Unfortunately, the Christian life is a continual roller coaster ride of ups and downs. Going up the hill to get to the other side seems to take F.O.R.E.V.E.R. sometimes! Only to get to the top, speed down the other side into another funk as you start to climb the hill again! You are taking the right course of action by amping up the Bible time and prayer time instead of going in the opposite direction! Remember, this, too, shall pass, with God's help! Love you!

      Delete
  3. You're not alone. You asked the question so I'm going to answer it. Yes, I feel that way OFTEN. And sometimes for prolonged periods like you've mentioned. Praying that you'll soon come out of the funk and thanking God that you're depending on Him to help you do it.

    ReplyDelete