Saturday, October 6, 2012

free advertising

A friend showed me a bunch of super cute clothes she got for her girls from Kmart the other day. She said all their summer stuff was on clearance for $2.99. So, of course, I wasted no time going over to check it out myself! So here is the advertising: if you know what size clothes your kids are going to wear next summer (shoes or clothes) or you want to stock up on your pool supples, GO TO KMART NOW!! I even got several pairs of really cute plaid shorts for Brad for $2.99 and that is a major steal! He is rough on clothes and I refuse to pay full price for just about everything. So we took this opportunity to buy some things. I got 13 items and would have paid $41 but I also have their reward card, which had $7 on it that I needed to spend so I only paid $34 (around there) for lots of good stuff! My most expensive buys were a new lunchbox for Ryan (he lost his at school last week) and a pair of shoes for Hannah. Both of which were $3.99.

In other news, I have become addicted to a couple of local fb yard sale sites. I have yet to buy anything but this weekend I sold $75 worth of stuff to different people! Amazing! That included $50 for Abigai's infant carseat/stroller combo.

I almost forgot to mention that I did some more yard saling this afternoon and did really well! By the time we went to kmart and walmart and ate, I figured it would be too late and most people would be packing their stuff up. I was right. A lot of people were wrapping up for the day and I happened to spot this one house up on a hill that had a few baby items out (that is usually the only houses I stop at). By this time it was after 2. I was looking around and asked if they had 2T girl clothes so I wouldn't have to dig thru everything. She said yes but it was all in the house, packed away. I figured they had already put stuff back so I apologized for being a late yard saler. She said, "oh no, we're just getting stuff out!" So I looked thru lots of cute carters and other name brand stuff and started making a pile of what I wanted. She said once that she would just give everything to me bc her husband had "the surgery" and all the baby stuff was making her sad. But my pile was getting huge with a winter coat, big thick brand new vest, 3 pair of pants and some long sleeve onsies. Then she dug out these 2 super cute tutu skirt things that were probable $20 originally, if not more. Of course I wanted them! So after I was done, I said, ok, here's my pile, how much do you want?" Her answer......$5!!! Jack Pot!!!

I wish I had pictures of all me deals (new and used) but I was so excited to go thru things and start washing them that I forgot about pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment