Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mr. Fix it

By now all of you should know that we went nearly 2 weeks without of range thinking we just needed a new range. During that time Brad was super busy at work and didn't have much time to stop and buy a new one but he was also racking his brain as to why all the sudden our less than 5 yr old stove would quit working.
Today we finally went and bought a new one! It was on clearance because it was the last display model from last year. But $600 is still a lot, however good for this specific range.
Fast forward a couple hours to Brad hooking up....nothing happened. It didn't work! Just like the other one. Brad was so irritated that he just couldn't figure out the problem. He works with wiring and electricity stuff all the time, with elevators.
Fast forward another 4 hours, Brad finally has it narrowed down to the wiring that goes from the breaker box to the stove.
I'm saying all that to say that I love having a husband that can fix just about anything! I couldn't even name all the things he has fixed or built around here. But the thing I love most; he always takes Ryan along with him and teaches him.
Brad and a friend are in the process of tearing down the parsonage. Ryan was begging to go with him last weekend when they were working on taking the shingles off the roof but Brad kept saying, "no, it is too dangerous and you won't have anything to do." Well, eventually he decided to let Ryan go with him. A couple hours later I took a case of water to the working men and there was Ryan, up on the roof with them! My first instinct was to freak out and tell Brad to get him down immediately. But I know Brad would never put him in a situation that is truly dangerous. I know, I know, being on the roof is dangerous but he was only allowed on the carport roof, which has very little slant to it.
Last night Brad needed to get under the house for something. As he stood by the door putting his bibs on (snow clothes as Ryan says), there was little old Ryan, suiting up. Putting his work boots on. I love it! He was so excited to get under there with daddy, even if his job was to hold the light. Brad loves being able to teach him little things. And Brad had plans of them getting back under there today and also getting in the roof to fix a leak. The whole stove situation took all day tho and Ryan is bummed they didn't get to do anything they planned.
Brad never had a real father figure growing up. I'm so glad he isn't following in the footsteps he had before him. It is only by God's grace. I love to see his interaction with the kids. I am so proud of the man I married. He didn't grow up like anyone reading this did. Just goes to show that you don't always turn out bad with you have a bad upbringing. And I wouldn't say he had a bad upbringing, just not as great as mine. =)

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Take pics - I wanna see them working together. :-)

    ReplyDelete