Sunday, February 10, 2013

busy week

One busy week down, another to go!
Last week was unusually busy for me. I had 3 different activities to plan for on top of my normal "jobs." Besides bible club and children's church reading and prep work, I also needed to prepare for our first kids game night at church, a sleepover, a Valentine craft for Ryan's class ( which is happening this week). Throw in there soccer practice Fri evening, soccer game Sat, church dinner Sat evening and I've got a lot on my plate!
This week is looking to be just as busy! Going to Ryan's class one day to do aforementioned craft, going back to days later for the actual Valentine party (I am homeroom mom), my regular church lessons, soccer twice, and Im not even sure what else!
We did have a scare at Ryan's soccer game Sat afternoon. It was the last quarter and he was after the ball when he got knocked flat on his back, slamming his head into the ground. I knew right away that it really hurt and he needed to come out of the game. Call it mother instinct or whatever, I could tell by the look in his eyes. I jumped up and asked him if he was ok. He said yes and tried to keep playing. I knew he was fighting back tears. I told brad to tell the coach he needed to come out but brad said he's ok! I kept insisting he wasn't. By this time he couldn't keep up with the other kids, he was just walking around. Then he started crying. The coach didn't see all that, he has to pay attention to a lot of things during the game. Brad yelled for him to get Someone in for Ryan and they carried him off the floor. He was crying. :( The paramedic followed them out and was checking his vision and stuff. He said he was dizzy so they told us what to watch for in case of a serious injury but he has been acting fine. We were really worried about him for the rest of the day, tho. We woke him up several times that night to make sure he came to alright and could see and recognize us. Thank God it was nothing serious!
He said he didn't want to play anymore until it was outside and the ground is softer but today he said he.was just kidding about that. :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so scary! Poor Ryan.
    I do love that he was "just kidding." That made me chuckle. He's so cute.
    So glad he's okay!

    ReplyDelete