Monday, February 4, 2013

disgusting!

No judging please! Today's post is getting personal!
There is a reason why I go in the kids' bathroom as little as possible. I can clean it and an hour later, it is a disaster again! That is the way it is in every room of the house. Well, the other day I went in and just went crazy; organizing, throwing stuff away and cleaning.


The sink started like this. There was toothpaste smeared on just about every surface. Trash all over the floor. And every hole was a jumbled mess. Water bottles, band aids and even dog shampoo on the counter. This picture makes the sink look relatively clean. I would not dare put a picture of the inside of the sink on here!


I got an idea off pinterest that only cost $2 for each bathroom.




I stuck those little baskets to the inside of the cabinet door for them to put their toothbrushes and other things. For the record, there were 6 toothbrushes on the counter supposedly being used and 5 open bottles of toothpaste!! Normally we don't have that much extra teeth cleaning supplies around but I think everyone in the family buys them a toothbrush and tube of paste for Christmas!


Finished product looks so much better and I am happy to report that is STILL looks this great! I told them that every morning if I go in there and the room is clean, they get a quarter. Every time I go in and there is one thing out of place, they lose a quarter. So far it is working! I'm going to start carrying that over into some other areas. Also, I am working on making the kids do more of the housework; simple things like cleaning up after themselves more. I have a feeling it will always be a work in progress but at least if you show up unexpected to my house, the main bathroom will be clean! =)

1 comment: