Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mountains are mountains

Well, you should know by now that I just spent 5 nights camping in Gatlinburg, TN, with my family, a cousin of the kids', and my parents for a couple days. At one point we had 8 people crammed in our camper. There was a spot for us all but it wasn't very big.

Upon leaving the city, I looked at Brad and said, "Well, I have to say, I won't be upset if we never come back."

I hate saying that after a vacation. So, I wanted to go over the pros and cons of my trip, in case anyone who reads this plans to visit the area. I know of one family member for sure who is going in August. This is not to discourage you!

Pros
I love nature, outdoors and the beauty that God created just for us. This is just another area that shouts the Creator's artistic ability.

It is also another area that shouts the human's artistic ability. There are a lot of things to do and see.

Any time I get a chance to get away with my family is a good thing.

Our campground did not charge us to fish in their pond ($14 each) and they did not charge us for mom and dad to come stay 2 days with us. I'm not sure how much they would have charged but they were very friendly.

Cons
Since I live in the mountains, I was not going somewhere that looked any different.

The humans I spoke of earlier have totally ruined a great thing, in my opinion. Just about every single attraction we saw, we have seen or done at the beach. Even the gift shops sold shirts from beaches along the coast and hermit crabs. I don't get that at all.

We couldn't afford to do much extra because it is too stinkin' expensive. I realize you will have this anywhere but it is annoying.

Traffic was ridiculous thru both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

Now when do we leave for the beach?!

1 comment:

  1. I used to like that area a whole lot more when I was a kid. Like you, I go there to enjoy the beauty of creation and do not like what they kind of tourist trap they've turned it into.

    ReplyDelete