Tuesday, April 9, 2013

wake up call

First of all, three posts in three days?! I'm on a roll!

Brad is working out of town this week. Having just come back from 10 days of getting up when the kids wake me up, I set both alarms last night so I would be sure to hear at least one of them. When the annoying buzz came at 6:10, I turned it off and thought 10 more minutes. Don't we all? I should have known better because I was startled awake at 4:45 by one of the dogs coughing up a lung in the next room. Then I noticed the baby monitor making a very loud buzzing noise but I was too lazy to get up and turn it down or off. It took me forever to fall back asleep.

At 6:45 I heard my phone notify me of a text so I startled awake again. What I read was, "Good morning beautiful." How sweet is that?! Not only is that nice to hear but there is no telling how long I would have slept had Brad not texted me! Well, let's be honest, my kids don't sleep past 7 very often but today they would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment