Thursday, August 1, 2013

Halfway there

I'm sure you know by now that our house is officially on the market. It was a long, hard two months but we have made it this far. I wish I could say the worst is over but I'm not so sure it is! I have so many questions, so many things are uncertain right now.

We want to see if we can sell it on our own before we hand almost half our profit over to a realtor. We have 2 people coming to look on Sunday. I'm so nervous that they won't like it. I'm already imagining what they will say and convincing myself not to take it personally! For the record, I know both people who are coming to look. From school and school! Or I should say, I went to school with both of them (both were a grade or 2 above me) and one is a kindergarten teacher at the kids' school!

Brad's boss is not making things easy for him either. Not in a bad way, tho, for the most part. He keeps saying he will do anything, whatever it takes, to keep Brad here. He has already given Brad a $2/hr raise, which Brad did not ask for. He won't take no for an answer. I keep telling Brad he better not change his mind now!

Tomorrow we go to NC to pick up the kids after a very relaxing, quiet week without them. While I miss them terribly, I have to say, I really enjoyed my time without them. I don't think we would have got the house ready if they had been here. Now we just have to keep it ready once they get back!

Hopefully my next update will be proclaiming that we have a buyer!!

In all this I'm trying to remain level and focused. Thanking God for helping us this far and praying we will he happy with whatever He decides for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment